ISO 22000:2018 Standard is an International Standard intended to be used within the food industry.
It emphasizes on quality assurance and preventive food safety measures that should be implemented within the food industry.
One of the major advantage of the ISO 22000: 2018 Standard is to make it easier for organizations globally to implement the Codex HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) system for food hygiene. Thus, be globally recognized and expand food business operations to newer markets.
Business Benefits of ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Standard
The ISO 22000:2018 Standard is benefiting the business in many ways. It gives a global acceptance for food manufacturing and processing companies those adhering to the best practices specified by the ISO 22000 Standard.
The ISO 22000:2018 Standard will help to strengthen all the weak links in the food supply chain of the businesses. It helps in gaining consumer confidence and trust by ensuring food safety and safeguarding customer’s health.
ISO 22000:2018 Standard and Effect on the Government
The ISO 22000 Standard allows countries to define food regulation standards and criteria’s that export and import goods must be met.
The ISO 22000 Standard also acts as a regulatory standard for government and food inspecting authorities to govern food safety. It also helps the authorities to ensure best practices of hygiene and food manufacturing is followed by the manufacturers.
Key Benefits of ISO 22000:2018 Standard
- High quality of jobs in the food industry
- Improved resource utilization & Continual improvement in products & processes
- Enhanced investment in technology, food research, testing laboratories, etc.
- Increase in economic and business growth
- Reduction in foodborne diseases and contaminations
- More efficient food processing, documentation of techniques, and procedures
- Fewer errors and customer complaints
- Sustainable food safety performance
- Improves consumer/supplier/ regulator confidence and relationships.
- A platform for process and management control and improvement.
- Competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Promotes international trade
- Improved overall performance
The scope of ISO 22000: 2018 Standard is spread across processing, storage, manufacturing, and distribution of food products.
The ISO 22000 Standard helps in ensuring food safety and follow best practices. It helps in eliminating the risk of food contamination and protect the lives of the consumer for potential problems from spoilt food consumption.
The ISO 22000:2018 Standard ensures customers demand safe food are met, and food processors are using safe ingredients from the suppliers, and the food processing or manufacturing company is adhering to food safety standards in all their operations.
Who is ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Standard best fit for?
Organizations of any size belonging to these services in the food industry should surely implement and practice ISO 22000:2018 Standard in full compliance to enhance their food delivery quality standards.
- Food Manufacturers
- Producers of Food Ingredients
- Agriculture Producers
- Logistics providers transporting Raw or finished food products
- Storage providers for raw or finished food products
- Packers and Food Delivery Units
- Subcontractors within the distribution network
- Retailers and Wholesalers
- Producers of Animal Feed
- Food Equipment Manufacturers
- Food Packaging Manufactures
ISO 22000:2018 Standard in Dubai
The ISO 22000:2018 Standard is a must-have standard for the food manufacturers, processors, and all business units related to the food industry operating in Dubai.
Dubai is home to a number of business ventures in the food industry. It ranges from eateries & bakeries to food processing units.
The ISO 22000:2018 Standard list out the best practices that business has to follow to ensure food safety while delivering the products to the end consumer.
Dubai is a highly customer-driven market, the demand for food and beverage industry is always on a growth spike.
Hence, ensuring food safety remains the ultimate priority for the businesses as well as the government.
The food regulations and norm in Dubai are very strict. Defaulters will be levied with heavy fines from the municipality and concerned food regulatory authorities. To avoid any such instances and to protect the consumer heath, ISO 22000 standard will help the businesses in a great way.
To know more on ISO 22000: 2018 Standard Certification in the UAE, feel free to give us a call right away!
Contact: Aurion ISO Consultants