Food Hygiene is an important aspect for the food and beverages ( F&B) sector. In the UAE, there are strict regulations from the Municipality and Food Safety Department for hotels, cafeterias, food manufacturers, food packaging units, and more.
It is to ensure the safety of the public is given top priority by the Food and beverage companies operating in the UAE.
For companies operating in the Food and Beverages sector standardizing business operations is one of the top priorities. Also, implementing food hygiene and analyzing the critical areas to ensure the production process follows clean and germ-free operations.
Food hygiene practices consist of various policies and control points that are beneficial for organizations to maintain high operational standards.
Having a Food Safety System in place will help companies achieve the objective of providing the best food and beverage experience to the public without causing any health hazards.
Food Hygiene and Food Safety System
The Food Safety System complies with the ISO guidelines to ensure food hygiene is maintained across various stages of production and service delivery. The ISO Food Safety Certification is beneficial in multiple ways for the food and beverage company.
It will help in their holistic betterment, food hygiene and overall cost reduction as well as providing quality first services.
All operational areas are improved by following good food hygiene practices. At every stage of operations, the Food Safety System will have control checkpoints to ensure food safety and food hygiene.
Additionally, resource utilization and reducing operational costs are other major objectives of the companies operating in the Food and Beverages sector. Furthermore, reducing recalls, reducing food contamination, and improving the overall quality of food manufacturing are priorities for the F&B companies.
Maintaining Food Hygiene – Implementing Food Safety System
The Food Safety Standard provides the policy manuals and guidelines to implement a Food Safety System in an organization. The Food Safety System consists of a set of standard operating policies and guidelines for operational changes.
The aim of the Food Safety System is to emphasize more control over food safety, food hygiene, enhance resource utilization, and better plan the food delivery operations.
In the Food and Beverage industry, there are many activities that require emphasis on quality standards and food safety. From a restaurant preparing and serving food to a food manufacturer packaging the items, quality remains a top priority.
Food Safety Management and ISO 9001:2015 Standard
ISO 9001:2015 quality management standard is an important standard to implement in the Food and Beverage sector. It will help them in standardizing their core operations as well as focus on quality at every stage.
Also, ISO 9001:2015 Standard will lay a perfect base for implementing the ISO Food Safety Standard. The Quality Management System implementation will transform the operational process of an organization.
So, adding the best practices of the Food Safety Standard will be more efficient for an organization already having ISO 9001:2015 standards. The Plan-Do-Check-Act model will help organizations to change their existing business operations.
It will also help in introducing new operations practices that will adopt the Quality Management and Food Safety standard guidelines. Food Hygiene is an important aspect of Food Safety Management and ISO 22000 Standard provides the required guideline and compliance for food hygiene and food safety.
How Food Hygiene is Achieved through ISO Food Safety Certification?
ISO Food Safety Certification is a must-have standard for companies in every stage of the food chain. There are numerous benefits to implementing the Food Safety Management System in an organization.
The Food Safety Certification will help achieve food hygiene and ensure a germ-free environment is maintained by the F&B companies at every stage of operations.
Benefits of Implementing Food Safety Standard
Following are few benefits from the Food Safety Standard implementation:
- Quality emphasized Policy manual for the safety of food products and service delivered to the customers
- Enhanced traceability of various subsidiary and primary operations. It will help increase accountability and operational efficiency
- Well-structured measurement of food safety hazards and controls. The Hazards Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) checks will help ensure food safety is maintained at every stage of operations
- ISO 22000 Standard is accepted worldwide. So, the food manufacturing company will have global recognition and expand business contracts geographically for exports
- The Food Management System gives priority to effective resource utilization. It will help the employees and organization to enhance their productivity and keep operational cost low
- Food hygiene is an important aspect and companies can reduce cost from rejects or recalls of contaminated products or unsafe products.
- Unsafe for consumption tag can lead to loss of reputation of the food manufacturer. Also, there could.be lawsuits and legal actions for the company. Food Safety and Food Hygiene practices will help to avoid any unsafe food manufacturing and delivery
- Training programs, research initiatives, constant quality monitoring, systematic management programs, etc., will enhance the employee morale and overall business productivity.
Hence, in conclusion, the Food Safety system will help in enhancing the overall food hygiene and quality of the food. It is an essential standard for all companies operating in the food chain sector.
Food Hygiene through Food Safety Certification
The ISO 22000 Certification and Quality Management System is highly beneficial for food manufacturing units, restaurants, food packaging units, and all supporting companies working in the food chain sector.
Consumer safety and food hygiene remain the most important aspects of food and beverage companies. Implementing ISO Standard is the right solution to it.