Food Safety Regulations in the UAE
The food safety in the UAE is governed by the strict compliance process. The UAE government has introduced many initiatives and regulations to ensure food safety for the end consumers.
Following are some of the Food Safety regulations implemented in UAE over the period of years to ensure compliance with Food Quality Standards is always at utmost importance.
1. Passing of the Food Safety law in UAE
2. Introduction of National Food Accreditation and Registration System
3. Launched the National Rapid Alert System for Food Safety
4. Applied control of imported food for non-trading purposes.
The laws impose food safety regulations to maintain the quality and safety of food. Also, ensure the protection of public health and consumers.
Also, the National Rapid Alert System for Food Safety has mechanisms of managing food risk alerts and banning or lifting of bans on adulterated and misbranded foods accordingly.
As a food manufacturer or hotelier, they must ensure to comply with the Government regulations of the UAE for Food safety.
Hoteliers can look at options of getting certified with the ISO 22000:2018 and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) Certification.
Doing so will enable them to develop a quality first internal system in your food business to streamline and quality checks all your daily business operations.
HACCP Certification in UAE
The HACCP certification offers assurance on the safety of your food products.
It is a systematic and preventive approach towards food safety and acceptance of the internal methodology in the production of the products.
The ISO 22000:2018 Certification Standard highlights the requirements for establishing a robust HACCP system.
Getting HACPP Certification in Dubai will help in building a brand that will gain trust in the market.
HACCP Certification in Dubai is one of the popular standards implemented for food safety. It is a preventive approach to safeguard food items against hazards (physical, chemical, biological).
HACCP ensures food items are free from risks right from the early stages rather than inspecting only at the end-stage. Thus, it helps in reducing the risk of any potential hazards.
HACCP Certification in Dubai – Key Principles
The following are the key principles of HACCP Certification in Dubai.
- Conduct a Hazard Analysis – Identify potential hazards that may lead to unsafe food.
- Identify the Critical Control Points (CCP)
- Establish Critical limits to control all the hazards within the limits.
- Monitor the CCPs regularly and periodically.
- Establish Corrective Action to keep the hazards in control always
- Verification – Verify whether the system is working as intended
- Record-Keeping- Maintain all the analysis records of the food samples tested.
HACCP lists basic procedures and measures for business to cost-effectively control food safety.
HACCP Certification enables the food producers, processors, distributors, exporters of food products to utilize technical resources efficiently and in a cost-effective way to ensure food safety.
HACCP Certification in Dubai – Key Benefits
- Cost savings for your business in the long run
- Enhance your food safety standards
- Ensure compliance with the food safety laws of UAE
- Promote teamwork and efficiency
- Gain customer trust and confidence
HACCP Certification is for all manufacturers, suppliers, retailers in the food chain irrespective of their business size, employee strength, location, etc.
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Meat Products
- Dairy Products
- Fishery Products
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Restaurants & Catering
- Fast Food Operations
ISO 22000: 2018 Certification Standard in Dubai – Food Safety Management System
The ISO 22000:2018 Standard highlights the requirement of developing a Food Safety Management System.
Getting certified from a well-known international certification body will enhance your brand image and customer confidence.
ISO 22000 Certification consists of proper documentation and implementation standards for ensuring food safety.
Benefits of ISO 22000: 2018 Food Safety Management Systems
- Improved control of food safety activities
- Regulatory compliance with food safety standards
- Increased customer & stakeholder confidence
- Improved risk management
ISO 22000:2018 is based on HACCP guidelines in accordance with Codex Alimentarius and the management principles of ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
ISO 22000:2018 is an internationally valid ISO Food safety certificate aimed at the whole food chain.
It applies to all companies directly or indirectly involved in the food chain, including packaging and detergent industries too who are associated with the food industry.
HACCP is solely focused on food quality whereas ISO 22000:2018 also looks at business processes and structures.
Hence, the best way to go about is taking both ISO 22000:2018 and the HACCP certification to ensure 100 % Food safety and regulatory compliance for your food brand.
To know more about HACCP and ISO 22000:2018 Certification, talk to our ISO Experts right away!
Contact: Aurion ISO Consultants